IT Student Assistant
Part-Time (15-20 hours per week)
The UWM Foundation’s mission is to support the educational, literary and scientific endeavors of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee by receiving, managing and distributing gifts to benefit the University’s students, faculty, programs and community. In addition, the UWM Foundation provides leadership, oversight and direction to its affiliated corporations, the UWM Real Estate Foundation and the UWM Research Foundation.
In order to continue its growth, the UWM Foundation is seeking a part-time IT Student Assistant. This individual will report directly to the IT Systems Analyst. This student-only position is responsible for handling day-to-day updates of the Millennium database. The position provides support to full-time IT staff in their daily functions including, but not limited to database maintenance, technical support, and troubleshooting. Students in this position may be eligible for internship credit from their respective school/college.
- Sophomore status in technology focused program.
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware and operating systems
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and acquire new technical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned projects
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group environment
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to document business processes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience working with relational database systems
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages/frameworks:
- Experience using Crystal Reports, or similar reporting software
- Help Desk/Desktop Support experience a plus
The UWM Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience.
Resumes can be sent via any of the following methods:
Fax: (414) 906-4680
Mail: UWM Foundation, Inc. - Attn. Human Resources
1440 East North Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53202